Courteney Ross is best to know as the Girlfriend of George Floyd, on Thursday she spoke many things about her deceased partner, and among them was the key importance is his history of drug abuse and struggles with addiction.
She revealed that they both purchased opioids from a friend who was in the passenger seat of Floyd’s car on the day he died and is now refusing to testify at Derek Chauvin’s murder trial.
On Wednesday, The friend, Morries Lester Hall, a key witness for the state, filed a shocking notice by stating that he plans to invoke the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination, meaning that he will not testify. Courteney Ross’s testimony comes as Derek Chauvin stands trial for second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd’s death.
Who is Courteney Ross?
- Courteney Ross is 45 years old George Floyd Girlfriend, Ross told the court how, in March 2020, just two months before Floyd’s death, he purchased pills that she did not recognize as opioids to which both she and Floyd were addicted.
- She also added that based on the way he was behaving, she suspected Floyd had relapsed several months before his death in May. she said “Both Floyd and I, our story is a classic story is of how we both get addicted to opioids,” and added, “We got addicted and tried really hard to break that addiction many times.”
- During her testimony, Ross recalled this particular event in March when she rushed Floyd to the hospital after he complained of stomach pains. “I went to go pick Floyd up from his house that night. I thought I was taking him to work. He wasn’t feeling good. His stomach really hurt. He was doubled over in pain, just wasn’t feeling well, and he said he had to go to the hospital, so I took him straight to the hospital,” Ross recalled. “We went to the ER and they were checking him out in the ER and it was getting late and I had to get home to my son, so I left that Friday night.”
- Floyd family attorneys Ben Crump and Antonio Romanucci released a statement after Ross’s testimony blasting the defense’s efforts to bring Floyd’s drug use to the forefront of the case.
- She and Floyd first met in 2017 at the Salvation Army’s Harbor Light Center, a shelter where he was working as a security guard and she was visiting her son’s father.
- The married mother-of-two said she was touched when Floyd asked to pray with her because she was going through a hard time in her own life – and they kissed in the lobby that same day.
- Ross said Floyd was an active man who would ‘run to the corner store’ to keep fit, and but explained that he was crippled by the neck injury that led to his opioid addiction.
- Courteney Ross worked in a coffee shop for 22 years now.
She is 45 years old as of 2021.
Courteney Ross Net worth is $120K USD as of 2021.