Skip to content
- Alex Pullin was born on 20 September 1987 and from Mansfield, Victoria, Australia. He was an Australian snowboarder who competed in 2010, 2014, and 2018 Winter Olympics. Furthermore, he was a two-time snowboard cross (boardercross) world champion.
- On 8 July 2020, Pullin drowned on the Gold Coast in Queensland, at the age of 32. Lifeguards and paramedics attempted to resuscitate the 32-year-old on the beach after pulling him from the water. Queensland Ambulance Service officer Justin Payne said he did not survive.
- Another diver had found Pullin on the seafloor in “very upsetting” circumstances, said Gold Coast Police District Duty Officer Chris Tritton. “He didn’t have an oxygen mask, we understand he was free diving and spearfishing out on the reef,” Tritton told Australian broadcaster Channel Nine. “It appears he was diving alone. There were other divers out there but he was not with a friend.”
- According to the source, he was believed to have been spearfishing by himself at an artificial reef off Palm Beach and his body was spotted on the ocean floor by a snorkeller.
- He was an Australian snowboarder who competed in 2010, 2014, and 2018 Winter Olympics.
- He started snowboarding at a young age, and came to prefer snowboard cross because he considered it “the most pure form of competition”.
- In the 2010 Winter Olympics, he competed in a snowboard cross (boardercross). He had the fastest qualifying time (1:20.15) in his event, but was eliminated in the first round of competition, finishing in 17th place by virtue of his qualifying time
- The Australian government had given Pullin $500,000 in funding for the event, more than any other Australian competitor.
- At the 2018 Winter Olympics, Pullin again competed in the Men’s Snowboard Cross and came in sixth place, having crashed out during the final race.
- In 2011, Pullin also won a gold medal at the New Zealand Winter Games. Furthermore, Pullin won the first 2017–18 FIS Snowboard World Cup event and came third at the next two events.
- In 2011, he became an ambassador for Suzuki Australia as part of a sponsorship with the vehicle manufacturer. Outside of snowboarding, Pullin fronted a reggae band called Love Charli.
- How old was Alex Pullin? He was born on 20 September 1987 and from Mansfield, Victoria, Australia, his age is 32 during his time of death.
- However, there is not much information about his father, mother, and siblings.
error: Content is protected !!