Jenelius Crew is 37 years old who claimed to be a UFC fighter is responsible for shooting eight people outside REBAR on June 12th was arrested Thursday morning. He suspected of shooting eight people but none were fatally injured, according to San Antonio Police Chief William McManus. U.S. Marshals.
According to the police report, Jenelius Crew along with a group of people that evening that had been at one bar on Broadway Street and went across the street to REBAR to continue their night out. However, the bouncer would not let them in, saying they were too drunk.
In that heated conversation, Crew said to Bouncer “Don’t you know who I am? I’m a UFC fighter from California.” Later, he opened fire after he was denied entrance into the bar. From the report, Five women and three men, ages 23 to 41, who was wounded in the shooting are all expected to recover from their injuries.
On Thursday morning, the US Marshals Service received information the Crew was staying at a hotel in Miami. In an interview, U.S. Marshal Susan Pamerleau said that “It’s apparent that criminals don’t pay much attention to city limits, county, and state lines or even the borders of the United States,” and added, “It’s the collaborative efforts and partnerships with state and local agencies that enable us to reduce violent crime across this nation.”
Curently, Crew and a group of four or five people have been charged with 8 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon & was jailed in Florida.
On June 18th, San Antonio Police Department posted on Facebook “On June 12, 2020, SAPD officers responded to a shooting in progress at a local bar where (8) eight victims had been shot. Homicide detectives began collecting evidence and through the course of the investigation developed information on a suspect. Yesterday, the Homicide Unit obtained (8) eight Aggravated Assault/Deadly Weapon arrest warrants for Jenelius Crew. This morning, members of the U.S. Marshals Service Florida Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force received information that Jenelius Crew was staying at a hotel located in Miami, FL. While conducting surveillance, task force officers observed Crew exit the hotel room. The Florida Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force and Broward County Sheriff’s Office made contact with Crew and took him into custody without incident. Crew was booked into the Miami-Dade County Jail.”
After this Incident Rebar Bar has been Reopened and started a Fundraiser for the Shooting Victims. According to the GoFundme page “Our hearts go out to those victims injured and affected by this senseless act of rage. It is hard to express the sadness we feel and pray they all make a full recovery. This rogue act should not go unpunished and the actors should face the full punishment of the law. We have set-up a go-fund-me page for the victims and their families. Your support will be greatly appreciated.”
8 Are Shot in San Antonio by Man Claiming to Be U.F.C. Fighter The man, who said he was part of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, had been turned away from a bar, the police said. None of the victims’ injuries were said to be life-threatening.
Eight people were shot late Friday in a San Antonio parking lot by a man who, after being turned away from a bar, came back and opened fire with a rifle, the police said.
The man became belligerent around 11:30 p.m. when he was denied entry to the bar, Rebar, in the city’s North Central neighborhood, because he was drunk, said Chief William McManus of the San Antonio Police Department.”
Till now $40 raised of $5,000 goal.