Tejas mark 3
Tejas mark 3 is the future project of ADA. India is redesigning the Tejas mark-2 upgrade of Tejas aircraft as, Light Combat, stealth fighter aircraft for the Indian air force.DRDO’s chief person said that the Tejas has many features of stealth fighter Aircraft.
The wings are made entirely of composite materials. The contemporary aircraft has a totally digital fly-by-fly control system.
Tejas mark 3 incorporates a glass cockpit in which information is displayed ‘real-time’ to the pilot. Tejas has open architecture software for avionics. DRDO is upgrading required technologies for stealth fighter Aircraft.
Tejas mark 3 with a complete ecosystem to design and build indigenous aircraft, now working on making advanced fifth-generation fighter aircraft with twin engines.
Light Combat Aircraft Tejas mark 3 that is to be more stealthy than Tejas mark-2 version, which is due to fly in the next 2 years with the general electric twin fully F414 engine. The Tejas mark 3 is to have up to 70% composite content, almost double the current version level and could be powered by India’s Kaveri turbofan.
Upgrade modification of Tejas mark 3
- Sensing an opportunity and possibility of the future reduction in radar signature of Tejas.
- DRDO plans to use up to 70% of CFC in Tejas mark 3
- DRDO is focused on reducing the infrared signature of the aircraft by reducing exhaust temperature from the engine.
- DRDO’s, stealth fighter Aircraft Tejas mark 3, has to improve fuselage and improve engine ducts to achieve low radar signature.
Tejas mk3 & Tejas mk2 design
Use of carbon fibers gives Tejas natural stealth characteristics and advantage of low operating costs. Use of Carbon fiber Composites (CFC) gives Tejas 45% content by weight and 90% of its surface is made of carbon fibers.
Reflection of radar beams by CFC is much less when compared to the metallic component in the Aircraft’s but CFC with Radar-absorbent material coating and given the smaller size of aircraft gives Tejas low radar signature or stealth characteristics.
CFC have other advantages they do not deteriorate with age nor corrode due to weather elements.
Avionics used in fifth generation Tejas mark 3 fighter aircraft incorporates AEW&CS, looking for an advanced electronic system in association with BEL, NAL and private sectors for the development of ecosystem and advanced fighter aircraft, which could adequate Indian air force requirements of and creating it as a world-class fighter Aircraft
Indian Tejas mk3 latest news
DRDO looking upon the back of its present Airborne Early warning and control system (AEW&CS) development Programme.
DRDO is to initiate a program to build a more powerful platform capable of detracting fifth-generation stealth aircraft and unmanned flying vehicles, this projects significance of the development of 5th generation Aircraft in the world, to assist the Indian Airforce to be more powerful. LCA Tejas latest news
The new systems incorporated in Tejas mark 3, are the feature rot dome radar and integrated with unmanned aircraft and aerostats to allow the bistatic operation to detect stealth aircraft. The distributed transmitter and receiver approach should also aid in detecting small targets, such as unmanned aircraft, and provide extended range for detection.
The country is exploring ways to better detect stealth aircraft. Detecting low-observable aircraft is a key element of the Indian 2020 airborne early warning and control development effort.
This initiative follows the current Embraer EMB-145- based airborne early warning program featuring an Indian-developed, 240-deg. Field-of-view radar. The first of the modified regional jets is due for delivery to Indian in August, with radar integration to start in October.
The new system will feature a rot dome radar and be integrated with unmanned aircraft and aerostats to allow bi-static radar operations empty weight of around 18 metric tons and 2 hr. of endurance, featuring supercruise: thrust vector control; an active, electronically scanned array radar; and integrated modular avionics.
Many of these technologies could also find their waiting into the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas mark 3 that is to be more stealth that in the current Tejas mark-2 version, which is due to fly in the next two years with the General Electric F414 engine and be ready for operational trials in 2016.
To advance work on low-observable air shapes, DRDO also is investigating issues such as thrust vector control and yaw control with spoiler elevators to help control flying wing-shaped air vehicles. Adaptive structures are also on the long-term technology horizon.
Surveillance Air Vehicle or LUSAV (A precursor to the unmanned combat air vehicle concept) may be the most ambitious unmanned program in DRDO’s plan, a number of other efforts are ongoing.
Engine Strategy to Incorporate in Tejas mark 3
The existing single-engine Tejas has limited “endurance” of just an hour, with a “radius of action” of only 350-400-km, and weapon- carrying capacity of 3-tonne. Other single-engine fighters like Swedish Gripen-E an American F-16 have roughly double the weapon-carrying capacity and triple and endurance.
Is HAL Tejas is world ranking?
Here are some facts to be considered
- Design: The Tejas is an Unstable design with Relaxed static stability(RSS) This unstable design has high maneuverability
- Aircraft Component: Use of Carbon fiber Composites (CFC) gives Tejas 45% content by weight and 90% of its surface is made of carbon fibers.
- Flight Controls: Tejas is equipped with a quadruplex digital fly-by-wire flight control system to ease handling by the pilot.
- Glass Cockpit: It has a Head-up Display (HUD) Cockpit which is Fully Digital.
- Compound Delta Wing: Giving it minimum supersonic drag, a low wing-loading, and high rates of roll and pitch.
- Multi-Mode Radar: Multi-Mode Radar is designed to operate equally effectively in the Air to Air and Air to Surface domains. Jointly developed as an Indian – Israeli venture.
- Open Architecture Computer (OAC): Open architecture is a type of computer architecture or software architecture intended to make adding, upgrading, and swapping components easy.
Know About HAL AMCA